Your support keeps the lights on and the shelves stocked. In-kind donations of food and volunteers are at the core of our annual budget. Administrative costs are kept to a minimum, accounting for less than 3 percent of our expenses.
We accept donations Monday – Friday, from 8:00am – 3:30pm. If you are donating a large quantity of food please pull into the loading bay located on Franklin Street, on the side of the building. Walk in to our main entrance at Thurston and Franklin to ask for assistance unloading, or call ahead: (360) 352-8597 *100.
Food Donation Ideas:
- High protein food such as canned chili, peanut butter, beans, or canned meat.
- Pasta and Macaroni and Cheese.
- Canned fruit and vegetables.
- Baby Food and Formula.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables that store well in a refrigerator. Home grown produce is most welcome. Please see our produce page for more details.
Monetary donations are greatly appreciated.
- You can use a credit card donate easily to the Food Bank on-line at any time (though 2.9% of your donation plus $0.30 goes to cover processing fees).
- Cash or checks can be dropped off during our open hours, Monday – Friday, from 8:00am – 3:30pm.
- You can mail a check to us at:Thurston County Food Bank
220 Thurston Ave. NE
Olympia, WA 98501
- Many people donate through payroll deduction. There are 3 options:
- State Employees – Combined Fund Drive.
- Federal Employees – Combined Federal Campaign.
- Private Sector Employees – United Way.
- For online bankers a bill payer service is another donor option. The food bank receives paper checks from several third party services, primarily “Online Resources.”
We honor donor intent. If you wish to support a specific program, funds will be directed accordingly.
We do NOT share personal information or solicit donations directly.
We depend on help from many volunteers, who participate in our work in a lot of different ways. If you might be willing to contribute time to the Food Bank, please see our page about volunteering for more information.
If you wish to donate your stocks to the Food Bank, please complete this form.
Thank you from the Thurston County Food Bank.