The Food Bank is committed to providing fresh fruits and vegetables to hungry community members.
We rely on your support to make this happen!
Ways you can help:
- Grow extra crops for us in your home garden. See our Growers’ Guide for details on what we need the most!
- Designate your monetary donation toward our produce program, to help us purchase produce in the winter when donations from local sources are not available.
- Purchase bulk produce and donate it to our downtown location in the winter and spring (January through June) when produce donations are low. See our Growers’ Guide for a list of the items we need the most.
- Volunteer for our gleaning program! Throughout the growing season, we organize volunteer work parties to harvest surplus produce from local farms. E-mail our Gleaning and Gardens Coordinator to get started.
- Volunteer for the Olympia Kiwanis Club Food Bank Gardens. The OKFBG grows over 25,000 pounds of produce for the Food Bank every year. E-mail our Gleaning and Gardens Coordinator to get started.
For more information on growing produce for the Thurston County Food Bank, download our Growers’ Guide 2014.